There’s always a lot happening behind the scenes at GetintheLoop HQ, but for the first time in a long time, we got to do what we do best: connect with our local communities on the ground and give back!
In early October, GetintheLoop officially partnered with Thryv Holdings Inc., a global software and marketing company based in the US that empowers small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to streamline their day-to-day operations. With Canadian Small Business Week right around the corner starting October 17th, the stars aligned for the perfect opportunity to introduce Thryv to the Canadian market. You can read the press release about our partnership here.
“So, how do you introduce an American software giant to a whole new country?”, was the question our marketing department faced. But lo and behold, we came up with a dual-armed campaign. The name of the campaign? #TheGreatGiveback, naturally.
Arm #1: The Great Business Makeover
One-half of the campaign involved giving back directly to local businesses. From October 17th to 21st, businesses all over Canada could digitally enter to win a giveaway of $5,000 to spend on parts of their business they’ve been holding off on and a 1-year paid subscription to both GetintheLoop and Thryv.
Through social, email campaigns, and GetintheLoop’s network of franchisees and chamber of commerce contacts, the word spread about The Great Business Makeover and we received over 350 entries! With consistent messaging about Thryv’s benefits and features before and after entering, the giveaway introduced Thryv to every business that entered. After the giveaway ended, Cart 2 Curb was chosen as the lucky winner! You can read more about them here.
Arm #2: The #LocalSweepJeep
3 days. 7 businesses. $2,000 of prizes. Oh, and free stuff! The second arm of #TheGreatGiveback campaign was our co-branded #LocalSweepJeep. From October 19th to 21st, the #LocalSweepJeep made pop-up appearances at different businesses in the GTA, and spent $1,000 at each on gift cards and products to give away to lucky passersby. Plus, we held 3 contests for the public to enter to win one of four $200 gas gift cards, one of two $500 grocery gift cards, and one of two $100 movie theatre gift cards. Cha-ching! Not only did the #LocalSweepJeep earn some media attention, but it also presented GetintheLoop and Thryv as a powerful duo that exists to help local businesses thrive.
Now, how about some stats?
- We received entries for The Great Business Makeover from 65 cities across the country!
- The Great Business Makeover received over 29,000 impressions and 872 engagements through organic social media posts.
- Socials about the #LocalSweepJeep event on GetintheLoop HQ received 21,462 impressions and 593 engagements.
- The campaign was featured on Retail Insider, Amber Mac, and Narcity Canada.
- Speaking of Narcity, they featured a brand snippet about the campaign on the Narcity Canada website, and an Instagram post on Narcity Toronto (@narcitytoronto)! The brand snippet received 50,001 impressions, a 0.33% average CTR, and 167 total clicks, while the Instagram post received 20,765 total impressions, a total reach of 17,215, and a 0.80% post-engagement rate.
Overall, #TheGreatGiveback was a roaring success! The results let Thryv and GetintheLoop better understand the market and how we can better support our audiences separately and combined. We’re so thankful to everyone who entered! Thryv and GetintheLoop are eager to bring more opportunities for representation and partner support to our network of Local Owners in the future.
Wondering how you can earn a recurring revenue by supporting businesses in your community with events just like this? Reach out at email@example.com or click the button below!